Successful online learners are self-motivated, responsible and independent. Below are some questions that you might want to keep in mind if you are thinking about applying for the SOAR Institute program.
- Are you comfortable using a computer?
- Are you able to use email effectively?
- Are you disciplined?
- Are you organized?
- Can you meet deadlines?
- Do you like to be prepared and get things done ahead of time?
- When faced with a problem, do you enjoy the challenge of finding a solution?
- Can you set up your own work schedule and complete your studies without having to be told by someone else?
- When given directions, do you prefer trying to follow the directions on your own for a while before asking for help?
- Are you comfortable with using a word processor like Microsoft Word and/or Microsoft Excel?
- Are you comfortable using search engines like Google or Yahoo! to find information out online?
Did you answer YES to most of the questions above? If you did, then online learning may be right for you!