Launching this fall, the SOAR Academic Institute is a blended online school, combining the best of online learning and in-house instruction, covering the Michigan Merit Curriculum.
- Available to students in grades 6-12
- A laptop for each student, equipped with Broadband internet access
- A full online educational experience with both core and elective courses
- Highly qualified teachers
- An assigned mentor for each student
- Access to SRSD’s after-school clubs, sports and activities
- Access the curriculum and complete school work anywhere 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
All students in SOAR will be assigned a mentor who will connect with them on a consistent and regular basis. Mentors and mentees will work together to establish a Personalized Learning Plan, set goals, and monitor progress.
Mentors will develop a supportive relationship with their assigned students and provide academic support. Mentors will meet with their students at least once per week outside of required lab time. Meetings may be face-to-face, via phone, or online.
SOAR has two open enrollment windows each year. Students may enroll between April and September for the Fall Semester (which begins in September.) Students may enroll between December and January for the Winter Semester (which begins in late January). Enrollment and application information can be found by clicking on Enrollment at the top of the page.
26255 Schoolcraft Rd.
Redford, MI 48239
Eddie Latour, Coordinator
Phone: 313-535-4000 ext. 1250